. /../Noctis on Vista/ 12
written by Cryoburner on Feb 08, 2009 21:38
Hello! : ) said:
Your video card may not be able to support the resolution 320x240 / 320x200 (I forget which).
Actually, NICE doubles the pixels,so it's more like 640x400. ; )

Someone else mentioned that problem as well. I'm not really sure how they implemented the fullscreen feature, so it could be anything from your monitor not supporting the video mode to the game not being compatible with some versions of DirectX. It works on my system though.

For now, you'll probably just have to do what I mentioned in the second half of my second post, which is to run the normal windowed DWNoctis and enable 640x480 compatibility mode for the game. This should automatically lower your desktop resolution while the game is running, so that it fills most of the screen. It's not a perfect solution, but it might be better than playing in a smaller window.
journeyman
written by Stargazer on Feb 09, 2009 18:02
Cryoburner said:
For now, you'll probably just have to do what I mentioned in the second half of my second post, which is to run the normal windowed DWNoctis and enable 640x480 compatibility mode for the game. This should automatically lower your desktop resolution while the game is running, so that it fills most of the screen. It's not a perfect solution, but it might be better than playing in a smaller window.
Windowed version runs for half a minute, sometimes a bit more, and then crashes to desktop. Fullscreen mode crashes right away.

I get the same Direct X 7 error message as Norman, and no compatibility options seems to work for me, unfortunately. I have tested with both 32 and 64-bit versions of Vista, with two different graphics cards solutions (first on my laptop and now on this desktop). I'm afraid NICE is simply not Vista compatible at this time. *Pokes Mega*
!?
written by Ginrai on Feb 09, 2009 19:58
Stargazer said:
I have tested with both 32 and 64-bit versions of Vista, with two different graphics cards solutions (first on my laptop and now on this desktop). I'm afraid NICE is simply not Vista compatible at this time. *Pokes Mega*
I dunno. I've never had any issues running windowed DWNoctis with 64-bit Vista. Norman doesn't seem to have any problems either, judging from his earlier posts.

Fullscreen is a definite non-starter though, for the same reasons mentioned by others in this thread.
absent more than alex
written by Shadowlord on Feb 22, 2009 09:29
I don't have Vista, but I vaguely remember reading something about how DirectX 10 was completely separate from previous DirectXes. So you might need to install DirectX 9.0c, if you can? I'm not sure if that's even *possible*. To be honest, I have no idea.

Come to think of it, I *do* have windows 7 installed (though I don't use it, since I didn't LIKE it at all), I *could* try it on that... It might be a consequence of the way the go-to-fullscreen code is written, but it's not getting rewritten any time soon since, (a) that was the latest directx version in the headers in DMC, and (b) I had to wrestle with crap just to get a .lib file built that could be used for it. DMC isn't compatible with Microsoft .lib files. Or the pdb file format.

As for crash bugs, and appearing and disappearing hills, crash bugs are easier to find than temporary features, but I have so much else that I consider more important to work on instead, and Noctis doesn't really excite me anymore, so - you might consider it unfortunate, but it's unlikely that I'll end up trying to convince a debugger to run in windows 7, let alone attach to dwnoctis and provide meaningful information, and look for the crash bugs or *poof*ing hills with it.

I'm quite sure I'm not the only person on these forums who knows c++ though, so I certainly shouldn't be the only person who can look into the fullscreen problem or the crash bugs (or does everyone just consider me the noctis crash & bugs expert and hope I'll come work on it again? I'd probably need to be bribed paid).
doing pushups
written by Megagun on Feb 25, 2009 14:17
Shadowlord said:
I'm quite sure I'm not the only person on these forums who knows c++ though, so I certainly shouldn't be the only person who can look into the fullscreen problem or the crash bugs (or does everyone just consider me the noctis crash & bugs expert and hope I'll come work on it again? I'd probably need to be bribed paid).
Just forget it and call the project dead; I don't really care enough to support it anymore myself, either.
reading this thread
no members are reading this thread
. /../Noctis on Vista/ 12
21924, 11 queries, 0.051 s.this frame is part of the AnyNowhere network