. /../Noctis the Movie/ 1..89101112..15
interplanetary man
written by Parsis on May 25, 2009 06:02
Dialgix_xenon_tempus said:
Looks AWESOME i really hope this turns out well! but i've been trying to find the title for the song on the first page trailer for AGES what is it? lol
I got the soundtrack from http://www.dizzler.com/music/Lord_Of_The_Rings
interplanetary man
written by Parsis on Jun 11, 2009 01:31
Does anybody know were I can find Ryan Bury's Noctis theme song? I'm considering using it in my movie but I can't seem to find it.
hidden agenda
written by Trad.a on Jun 11, 2009 01:42
Noctis -> Documentation -> Manual -> Files

Something like that. Its a midi. May want to get his permission first?
interplanetary man
written by Parsis on Jun 11, 2009 02:54
Trad.a said:
Noctis -> Documentation -> Manual -> Files

Something like that. Its a midi. May want to get his permission first?
Yeah, I probably should, although am still considering if I really want that song.
interplanetary man
written by Parsis on Jun 29, 2009 20:07
Hey Alex, am writing here in case you don't happen to read the pm I sent you, I know your busy, but I will like to ask permission to publish my Noctis movie, since Noctis is your idea. I would really appreciate an answer soon.

Thanks for listening and I eagerly await your response, whether it be no or yes.
lost, not forgotten
written by Alex on Jun 30, 2009 12:00
Hello Parsis (and everyone, since I've been absent again). Just came back to see if everything was still working here, and noticed your request; judging it urgent (don't want to delay someone else, I've already been delaying me for too much time), I thought it was time to login and... here's my permission

And a thank you (and everyone else) for keeping up at least the memory of Noctis. Me, I've not been doing my part so far, but things will hopefully change.
i haz title: speed-g-dof
written by Speeder on Jun 30, 2009 19:50
Whut? Parsis is our great priest!!!

He can huh... summon Alex at will! Just one day time!!!

Totally scary and awesome...
interplanetary man
written by Parsis on Jun 30, 2009 20:40
Alex said:
Hello Parsis (and everyone, since I've been absent again). Just came back to see if everything was still working here, and noticed your request; judging it urgent (don't want to delay someone else, I've already been delaying me for too much time), I thought it was time to login and... here's my permission

And a thank you (and everyone else) for keeping up at least the memory of Noctis. Me, I've not been doing my part so far, but things will hopefully change.
Alex, does your permission allow me to make a profit of this film? Am considering becoming a movie director but to do so requires money.
"gheeh!" (c)h.azuma
written by Yayo on Jun 30, 2009 22:38
do you plan to make casting for actors once you become director? : P

y.
interplanetary man
written by Parsis on Jun 30, 2009 22:41
Yayo said:
do you plan to make casting for actors once you become director? : P

y.
Of course.
journeyman
written by Stargazer on Jul 01, 2009 11:43
Parsis, I hate to ruin things, but there is one thing you should know if you went ahead with the plan of using music from Hans Zimmer and Immediate Music: those are licensed themes and are not to be commercially used unless expressed permission is given by the copyright owner. I am afraid that if you want to do this legally, you will need to ask whoever the copyright owner is as well before you proceed, if you have not done so already. The chances of you being found out are slim to none, and I am probably just over-reacting again, but still, the law is the law, and if you are going to make money, I figure it is best to do so in the safe and square way...

Edit:
I just read on your homepage that you had removed the copyright material, so there's no problem, as long as it is fine with Alex. Ignore my above message, and good luck!
lost, not forgotten
written by Alex on Jul 01, 2009 19:55
Parsis said:
Alex, does your permission allow me to make a profit of this film? Am considering becoming a movie director but to do so requires money.
profit? what's that?

I already PM'd you that'd be ok, I'll confirm I see no problem in making profit out of it, if you can manage to... why not?

well, good luck then...
wah... waall-eee
written by Magnulus on Jul 08, 2009 12:07
Sorry to piss on your chips, Parsis, but I doubt you'll make much money off this film. However, there's good news too: You don't become a director by getting money, you get money by being a good director! And you become a GOOD director by making films.

But how can you make films without money? Well, you either get a job to pay for what's going to be a hobby for a long time before it's a living, or you try to get investors to pay for the development of your films.

So becoming a movie director requires ONE thing and one thing only: Experience in directing.

You should not expect to make any money from your films for a long time yet. Just saying. (And I know, because filmmaking is my area of study) Another thing for you to consider: EVERYONE wants to be a movie director. You should see if there are some craft roles in movie making you enjoy, too, like editing, sound design, set design, production design, cinematography, storyboarding, visual FX, etc. A film is made by anything from a few to a few hundred people. ONE of those people will be a director, most of the others are craft roles.
interplanetary man
written by Parsis on Jul 12, 2009 00:07
Magnulus said:
Sorry to piss on your chips, Parsis, but I doubt you'll make much money off this film. However, there's good news too: You don't become a director by getting money, you get money by being a good director! And you become a GOOD director by making films.

But how can you make films without money? Well, you either get a job to pay for what's going to be a hobby for a long time before it's a living, or you try to get investors to pay for the development of your films.

So becoming a movie director requires ONE thing and one thing only: Experience in directing.

You should not expect to make any money from your films for a long time yet. Just saying. (And I know, because filmmaking is my area of study) Another thing for you to consider: EVERYONE wants to be a movie director. You should see if there are some craft roles in movie making you enjoy, too, like editing, sound design, set design, production design, cinematography, storyboarding, visual FX, etc. A film is made by anything from a few to a few hundred people. ONE of those people will be a director, most of the others are craft roles.
Thanks Magnulus for that excellent information you are indeed right in what you say. The main reason I want the money is because I need to buy a building capable of holding a green screen, so that future films will be live action and more awesome.
night fth
written by Ferinex on Jul 12, 2009 01:08
You want to buy a building with the money you get from this movie?

:S

That does sound unrealistic. What is wrong with your basement or garage, assuming you have one?
reading this thread
no members are reading this thread
. /../Noctis the Movie/ 1..89101112..15
42406, 16 queries, 0.097 s.this frame is part of the AnyNowhere network