. /../The permanent Paranoia game.../ 1..16061607160816091610..1616
i haz title: speed-g-dof
written by Speeder on Oct 03, 2019 20:30
> Jam, anyone aside from us?

I check the building integrity a bit.
standing on my title
written by Gligar on Oct 03, 2019 22:11
Side room, Building 2, Point One, [REDACTED], right now

Telling someone to open the hatch, L4-O gets ready to help with the body. In the end, it's Jam-Y who opens it, leaving the ORANGEs with the not exactly pleasant task of dumping the body into the generator.

Then again, given that Speed-G just pinged him on the chat, I guess it can be forgiven...

:: Chat mode :: JHTTroubleshooterEpsilon ::
[Speed-G-DOF-5] Jam, anyone aside from us?
[Jam-Y-JYR-3  ] No, just you and us.
[Jam-Y-JYR-3  ] And all of those bodies, but I don't think they're 
                zombies or anything.
[Jam-Y-JYR-3  ] Except fuel for this generator.
Corridor, Building 1, Point One, [REDACTED], right now

While Jam-Y chats at him, Speed-G has a quick look at the building's integrity. It doesn't look like it's going to fall down any time soon.
sumting need doing?
written by Lightning4 on Oct 04, 2019 23:47
I close up the hatch once we get the... thing... inside, then look for some way of starting this thing up.
standing on my title
written by Gligar on Oct 05, 2019 22:11
Side room, Building 2, Point One, [REDACTED], right now

As soon as L4-O and Lucas-O finish loading the creature's body into the hatch, L4-O closes it up, and starts looking for a way to turn it on.

(OOC: rolling: 6)

Hmmm... form what L4-O remembers about these things, there should be a handle on the side somewhere... ah, there it is. He should be able to pull that down a couple of times to prime the generator...
sumting need doing?
written by Lightning4 on Oct 06, 2019 18:57
I start pulling on the handle to see what happens!
standing on my title
written by Gligar on Oct 06, 2019 22:11
Side room, Building 2, Point One, [REDACTED], right now

Tentatively -- remember, he's never actually used one of these before -- L4-O pulls on the handle a couple of times. As he does, he can feel, and hear, something begin to vibrate inside the generator -- perhaps a dynamo building up speed -- and a light on the side begins to illuminate -- dimly but enough to light up a small control panel, on which is a button.

Yes, it's a red button. A big, red button on a control panel. But unlike others, this one actually had a label! It reads "Start".

Lucas-O looks like he wants to press it.
sumting need doing?
written by Lightning4 on Oct 07, 2019 09:16
"Well, nothing to do but to try pressing that button. Give it ago..."

I step back from the generator.
i haz title: speed-g-dof
written by Speeder on Oct 07, 2019 13:59
> Alright, I will wait until lights are on to see what is going on here.
written by Cryoburner on Oct 07, 2019 14:54
I continue walking as long as the corridors continue to be within my clearance, noticing that at least some of the techs are continuing to coincidentally walk in front of me. Coincidentally not the ones that took out laser pistols.

"I sure like walking to my destination!"
standing on my title
written by Gligar on Oct 07, 2019 22:43
Side room, Building 2, Point One, [REDACTED], right now

L4-O decides to not get in Lucas-O's way as he gives in to his urge to press the button!

:: Chat mode :: JHTTroubleshooterEpsilon ::

[Speed-G-DOF-6] Alright, I will wait until lights are on to see what is 
                going on here.
Good thing that Speed-G's using the chat there, as the generator starts making noises -- whirring, gurgling, humming noises -- shortly before the lights suddenly flicker and come on.

Corridors, Sublevel 5, Simulation Building 1, Happy Fun Vacation Zone, LOL Sector, 0h14m00s ago

Walking's a good thing to do -- I am sure that somewhere on Alphanet, there exists a vid of nothing but a petbot walking for an hourcycle, set to some sort of music.

But this is Cyrus-R, not a petbot. And he can't help but blurt out his happiness at the whole walking thing -- alerting the techs he is """"""""""co-incidentally walking along the same corridor as"""""""""" to his presence.

Their response is to look at him. "You! You were told not to follow us! I don't care what you call it, you're following us!"
sumting need doing?
written by Lightning4 on Oct 08, 2019 07:17
"Woo, good job everyone. Wonder how long that'll give us power."

I look for any sort of indicator that might tell us, and if not, just resort to maybe seeing if the implant can give us any sort of information.
i haz title: speed-g-dof
written by Speeder on Oct 08, 2019 13:24
I look around!

See if there is anything suspicious.

Also try to figure out what kind of building this is.
standing on my title
written by Gligar on Oct 08, 2019 22:20
Side room, Building 2, Point One, [REDACTED], right now

Okay, good! We have power, but for how long? L4-O looks for some sort of indicator...

(OOC: rolling: 8)

Well, L4-O is no Power Services clone, but there does seem to be one of those power meters attached to the generator... you know the ones, you see them in older buildings next to the distribution board. There's that disl that goes round and round and tells you that there's power going through it. Andf then there's the other one, the one that tells you how long until Power Services should come and perform... whatever is is they do to stop the building from getting cut off. I'm sure it's not at all to let them justify charging additional fees for power use. This one is no different, and seems to be indicating that there will be power for another eight or so hourcycles.

Corridor, Building 1, Point One, [REDACTED], right now

Speed-G makes use of the newly-generated power to look around the corridor. (OOC: rolling: 12) It seems that all of the doors are simply labelled with number codes: 17.01, 17.03, 17.09, and so forth.

It sort of reminds him of IntSec Headquarters, up in the real LOL Sector.

Speaking of which... didn't they say something about reporting in at regular intervals?
sumting need doing?
written by Lightning4 on Oct 09, 2019 00:28
> That gives us about 8 hourcycles, think that'll be long enough?

"Well then, guess with that sorted, we can now poke around the rest of this building!"

I lead the way back to the foyer and start looking around, and specifically see if the noticeboard says anything interesting.
i haz title: speed-g-dof
written by Speeder on Oct 09, 2019 02:41
> Huh... I just remembered we are supposed to sometimes report to IntSec...

> Anyone know if there is a way to tell IntSec we are in the sim? Maybe get them to connect or something?
reading this thread
no members are reading this thread
. /../The permanent Paranoia game.../ 1..16061607160816091610..1616
39296, 9 queries, 0.400 s.this frame is part of the AnyNowhere network