|If anyone has any questions about Noctis IV come here to discuss them.|
|I have a few questions myself,|
1. All the planets i go to are dark, and some photos i look at show bright life-like grass and trees. how?
2. How do i get the Fuel Orb in Ship?
3. I've been playing Noctis for a while and i wanted to know how i can learn all of the hotkeys easily.
Those are my questions! If any of you can answer those correctly, please do.
|1) Some types of stars can't support life-bearing worlds, either being too weak, giving off too much radiation, or simply not having any planets in the habitable zone. If a planet is pretty far from it's parent star, it will probably be rather dark, and will not receive enough light to support life. Of course, even closer to the star, the night side of planets will be dark, so you might want to move the targeted location on the landing screen to a brighter area on the day side. I believe type S00 yellow stars and S04 orange stars are your best bet for locating a world with life.|
2) If you're referring to the fuel orb that appears as a glowing ball of lights in the center of the ship, that's only available in Noctis IV CE (NICE), a modded version of the game that changes a number of things. To activate it there, you would access the ship's main menu and go to EXTENDED > MORE OPTIONS > OMEGA DRIVE. It provides infinite fuel though, so it might be considered something of a cheat. : P
3) I honestly don't know all the hotkeys off the top of my head. For standard Noctis IV, they should be found in the manual. The modded versions of Noctis, NICE and Noctis IV+, add a bunch more hotkeys for things, some of which are debug options that probably shouldn't be activate-able by a single-key press, but are. >_> In NICE, you can press F1 for a list of controls, which changes whether you are in space or on the surface. I believe it also comes with an updated manual with more details. For Noctis IV+, I don't believe there's an easy list of keys available anywhere, although they're probably mostly similar to the Noctis IV and NICE keys.
Okay, i had that modded version but i wanted to know if i can get it un-modded. Thanks for your answers
|2) If you're referring to the fuel orb that appears as a glowing ball of lights in the center of the ship, that's only available in Noctis IV CE (NICE), a modded version of the game that changes a number of things. To activate it there, you would access the ship's main menu and go to EXTENDED > MORE OPTIONS > OMEGA DRIVE. It provides infinite fuel though, so it might be considered something of a cheat. : P|
|What is the use of catching birds? If it is just role-play then you don't have to waste you're time replying to this unless you're going to answer this next one=|
Is there a multiplayer mod or at least can i meet any other players without mods? (I am not referring to NPCs)
|There is no multiplayer at all, in any way.|
|but is faq there wasa multiplayer thing|
|The closest thing to multiplayer is you can share the names of planets you've been to with other players. But it isn't multiplayer. It's just sharing of information.|
What FAQ says there is multiplayer?
|i dont really remember but alex posted it when someone asked if there was a multiplayer and he said not in Noctis V but in Noctis IV|
|I have one question, can you teach me about epocs? i can't find anything on the internet! (epocs are time telling things about noctis and stuff -_- i think you already know)|
|written by Neuzd on Sep 20, 2014 00:22|
|As you already figured out, Epocs represent the timekeeping unit of measure for the Felisians.|
The Epoc is composed by 4 parts: the Epoc itself, and 3 Triads (sinister, medius and dexter; from the larger to the smaller).
A triad dexter is equivalent to 1 second; 1 Triad Medius is 1000 Triads dexter, and 1 Triad Sinister is 1000 Triads medii.
So basically, when you read:
it means that it's 969329273 seconds since the beginning of Epoc 6011.
Every Epoc is about 31,7 Earth years, and this puts Epoc 0 to about 190500 years ago.
If that has a meaning I don't remember and I don't even know if I even ever heard anyone talk about it...
You can find more about it in the game manual in the chapter called "Notes On Units Of Measurement".
|└> last changed by Neuzd on September 20, 2014 at 01:01|
|I was just about to answer this with a rough estimate of 31.5 Earth years, based on a conversion provided on the Physiology of a Felysian page, but Neuzd seems to have answered it better. : P|
On that note, the conversion used on that page is apparently slightly off, and appears to be the same number listed on the Wikipedia page as well. Also, what Felysian decided to make a Sithra 50 seconds, anyway? That seems like kind of an arbitrary number in a time system based on thousands. : P
|└> last changed by Cryoburner on September 20, 2014 at 01:05|
|Something, somewhere mentioned this was how old Alex was at the time of creating the system of epocs.|
Can't really remember where this was referenced anymore. Doesn't seem to be mentioned in the manual or the physiology page, but I still remember it being mentioned.
|written by Neuzd on Sep 20, 2014 11:23|
|I made a couple of rough calculations and I feel pretty confident to say that the beginning of Epoc 6011 coincides with January 1, 1984.|